Let your heart be a portal for the songs of the universe.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day Smiles

When I was a child I would construct a paper heart, decorate it with sentiments of love and images of flowers, and present it to my mother on Mother’s Day. In my mind’s eye and heart her smile still brightens my day. I want to honor the memory of my mother with images of her smiles I find daily in prairie wild flowers.

The photo is of our family, taken in Eutin, Germany, just before we emigrated to America. We embarked on a grand adventure filled with uncertainty and my mother’s steadfast and unconditional love proved to be the wind beneath our wings.

Сунце Моје (Sunce Moje) “My Sunshine” was one of her favorite expressions of endearment for us. I love you mom.


© Ilija Lukić 2012


Сунце Моје ("My Sunshine")


Rejoice (Plains Prickly Pear Cactus)


Follow The Yellow Brick Road


Heart's Delight (Plains Prickly Pear Cactus)


Gift Of Life (opuntia macrorhiza)


Multiplicity (Plains Prickly Pear Cactus)


Salsify Clock (tragopogon dubious)


Family Affair (opuntia  macrorhiza)


Wow Factor (oenothera serrulata)


Tender Kisses


On The Santa Fe Trail (Tansy Aster)


Golden Age (Plains Prickly Pear Cactus)


Dream Catchers (Plains Yucca and Cane Cholla)


Surreal Iridescence (Plains Prickly Pear Cactus)


Yellow Tribe (opuntia macrorhiza)


Best Friends (Plains Prickly Pear Cactus)


Here's Lookin' At You (opuntia macrorhiza)


Caliche Matriarch (sphaeralcea coccinea, aka Scarlet Globemallow)


Lean On Me (monarda punctata, aka Spotted Beebalm)


Cholla Flower Buds (cylindropuntia imbricata)


Machaeranthera Tanacetifolia (Tansy Aster)


Lukić Family - Eutin DE 1960



No comments:

Post a Comment