Let your heart be a portal for the songs of the universe.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Melanie On My Mind


Cooper and I thread our way through skeletons of yucca, struggling prickly pear and occasional color spots of the hardiest Llano Estacado wildflowers. We pause in the shade of a Siberian Elm, an old timer with numerous battle scars. I close my eyes and engage all senses. The only sounds are the prairie wind moving through the elm foliage and Cooper’s rhythmic panting. My shirt flutters briefly in a gust of wind. I cock my head to keep my Dusty Rhodes headgear from sailing into the deep blue New Mexico skies.

In mind’s eye I picture the Llano expanse in full bloom and drenched in a summer thundershower. A bouquet for my wife is in order.

© Ilija Lukić 2011

The Llano Estacado In Bloom


Heart And Soul


Sunshine On His Shoulders (Cooper)

Facing The Morning Sun


Làmparas De Dios


Llano Alligator


Llano Estacado Lightposts


Pocketful Of Daisies


Prickly Pear Cactus Roses


Purple Winds (Cooper)

Slick Travel


Small Palafoxia


Spotted Beebalm Blanket



No comments:

Post a Comment