Let your heart be a portal for the songs of the universe.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Sun Catchers

The morning breeze has a refreshing energy. It envelops two intrepid Llano Estacado aficionados on their way to adventure. Cooper and I expect to navigate puddles on trails and have fun with slippery footing. We find neither. The parched prairie soil shows little evidence of life-giving moisture. On the bright side, minimum water runoff signals maximum penetration. This summer I have yet to encounter Ornate Box Turtles, Barred Tiger Salamanders, and Great Plains Toads. I’m hopeful they have weathered the drought and additional rain will revive their activities. By afternoon dark clouds and thunder on the southwestern horizon rumble promises of additional moisture.
On our outing I continue my exploration of light. I crave intimate mastery of writing visual poetry with light.

© Ilija Lukić 2011 


Avispa Araña



Sun Catchers



Horse Nettle Escapade



Mar De Hierba Plata (Cooper)



God's Glory (Cooper)



Into The Light



Silver Winds



Open Sesame



Sendero De Plata



Admirador Secreto (El Llanero Viejo)



Sunny Breezes (Cooper)



No comments:

Post a Comment